Friday, September 14, 2012

"Ask Sgt. Janus"

Well, I’m stunned.

Folks, last night, at the stroke of midnight, I received a telegram.

From Sgt. Roman Janus of Mount Airy.

If that in itself wasn’t so amazing – the sergeant writes very, very little himself, save for the occasional volume of psychical research – I found the contents of the telegram to be even more amazing.

It would seem that my good friend the Spirit-Breaker is open to answering questions from my readers.

After perusing his message, I quickly realized what an incredible opportunity this presented for those of us still on the mortal plane to inquire into Janus’ profession, which, admittedly, is one which lies beyond the veil of normalcy. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance that I am very happy to offer to you, dear readers, and I hope you will take full advantage of it.

All that will be required of you is to post a question, one per day please, for Sgt. Janus either here on the Spirit-Blog or on Facebook. The man himself will make his selections from among the questions – he regrets that he may not be able to answer them all – and I will in turn post his replies both on the Blog and on Facebook.

You may ask the sergeant almost anything, of any topic, but he begs your kind indulgence by asking questions of a serious nature only and none whatsoever pertaining to the events told of in the final story in SGT. JANUS, SPIRIT-BREAKER entitled “The Unfinished Record.” He regrets that stricture, but hopes that you may understand and sympathize.

So, have at it, Spirit-Breaker fans – compose your inquiries and let’s hear them!

All content © Jim Beard 2012. Please purchase a copy of SGT. JANUS, SPIRIT-BREAKER on Amazon.com.

9 comments:

  1. Question - Why did you choose such a dangerous career?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Day Sergeant,

    As a retired U.S. Army Engineer, I am curious to know in what branch of the military you served, and your job specialty.

    Best Always,

    Bob Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentlemen, thank you. I sincerely hope Sgt. Janus will answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sgt. Janus,

    Upon encountering a spirit of unknown origin, is it more appropriate to withdraw posthaste, or venture to engage the phantom in polite conversation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your question, young sir; I will pass that on to the sergeant, post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What other famous individuals have you come in contact with on your journeys?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sgt. Janus, have you since met any of your army comrades who passed on in the war? And was it a good meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caine and shonokin, both really fine questions. I hope the sergeant will consider each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sergeant Janus:

    This is perhaps a riduculously trivial question, but it will help to clarify my mental image of you*, and it's a detail I don't recall any of your clients so far specifying: what color is your uniform?

    *Which fluctuates somewhat--in keeping with the numerous perceptions of yourself that you evidently delight in collecting; I alternate between casting you as Jude Law and Laurence Fox (names that I'll go ahead and cite, in the hopes that they might not be meaningless--you are scarcely governed by ordinary circumstances.)

    ReplyDelete